Join us for a farm tour and networking event highlighting VegOut! Farms, a 21 acre farm in Pattison, Texas that produces organically and locally grown produce. They utilize hydroponics, aquaponics, and traditional soil growing techniques to produce specialty vegetables and herbs. VegOut! also sells to HEB and direct-to-consumer. Come learn about their operation, how they grow their produce, how they run their operation, and ways to differentiate their farm.
Appetizers and drinks will be provided courtesy of Prairie View A&M University Cooperative Extension
Texas AgrAbility and the Battleground to Breaking Ground Project in partnership with Prairie View A&M Cooperative Extension is hosting a farm tour and ag business workshop on October 20-21 in Prairie View, Texas.
October 20, 2017- FARM TOUR & NETWORKING EVENT
- About: Farm tour and networking event highlighting VegOut! Farms, a 21 acre farm in Pattison, Texas that produces organically and locally grown produce. They utilize hydroponics, aquaponics, and traditional soil growing techniques to produce specialty vegetables and herbs.
- Time: 5:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Location: VegOut! Farms 5648 Muske Lane, Pattison, TX 77423
- Cost: FREE (food and drinks provided by Prairie View A&M Cooperative Extension)
October 21, 2017- WORKSHOP
- About: Ag Business Workshop for veterans, individuals with disabilities, beginning farmer/ranchers, and anyone interested in starting an ag business.
- Workshop sessions will include:
- Agriculture business start-up
- Business plan development
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching, marketing
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
- Location: Carden Waller Extension Building, 250 E.M. Norris Street, Prairie View, TX 77446
- Time: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Cost: FREE (Sponsored by Prairie View A&M Cooperative Extension)
Workshop Flyer: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/f7d5c948-410d-44af-8328-4d4bd3e647b9
Due to the devastation from Hurricane Harvey, we will be hosting a seminar to highlight programs and assistance for farmers and ranchers affected by disaster.
Join us to learn about the various disaster assistance programs available for farmers and ranchers.
- Emergency Assistance for Livestock & Crop Related Expenses & Losses
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Disaster Relief Funds
- Financial Assistance Programs to help with Farm and Land Damage
- Programs to help with Crop Losses & Livestock Losses
- Deadlines for applying for Disaster Assistance Programs
- Restoration and Rehabilitation of Farm and Ranch Land
View the workshop flyer here
Join us Saturday September 9th as we learn Enterprise Profitability Analysis for chicken production and buid a brooder!
Part 1- Chicken Production
- we will be learning enterpirse profitabilty and discussing raising meat chickens and layer hens, evaluating breeds and care resources for baby chicks.
- breakfast is included
Part 2 – Build a Brooder
- learn how to assemble brooder houses.
- lunch is included
You may register for the entire day or individual parts
*Breakfast and lunch will be prepared and served by Honey’s Acres Farm!
Check out the event flyer here!
Join the Farm at Millican Reserve farmers and learn how to clean up your summer time garden in preparation for the fall. This class will include an overview of what to expect in late August in your Texas garden, how to identify and prioritize plant removal and selection, how to assess and amend soil for fall production and how to prepare beds for the next season. Participants will get a chance to get their hands dirty while learning different strategies and techniques to transition a growing space for the fall.
Register today at the link above!
Check out the event flyer here