Are you a military veteran who is farming? What better way to continue your service to our nation than providing high quality food to your community.
Join us for a 1-day hands-on training to learn the rules, regulations, and safe practices for produce. These regulations can be overwhelming to find, learn, and put into practice. This training will break them down and teach producers how to implement produce safety into their operation.
- Registration is FREE
- Open to military veterans
- Receive a complimentary tool kit (digital food thermometer included)
- Learn about Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Participate in a mock farmers market booth inspection
- Network with other veterans
- Lunch is included
Understanding soil health is understanding the basics of organics.
In this hands on workshop, Co-Founder James Jeffers, will discuss
- understanding the basics of soil health
- organic matter management
- compost and plant based teas
- how to scout for diseases and pests
- weed management
- beneficial insects that help protect your crops.
Be prepared to get your hands dirty and bring your gloves.
This class is great opportunity for both beginner and seasoned growers!
For an accurate participant count and so we are better prepared, please be sure to register for the class.
After class, stay and have lunch with us that will be provided by Sheep Dog Assistance.