Are you a military veteran who is farming, growing produce to sell, or interested in getting started? Join us for a 1-day hands-on training in produce food safety and safe food handling.
Food safety is a critical part of any farm operation. This hands-on workshop provides an introduction to food safety for people who grow produce and provides important information you need to know in order to safely sell your products.
- Texas Food Handler Certificate included with registration cost
- Receive a complimentary tool kit (digital food thermometer included)
- Learn about Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Participate in a mock farmers market booth inspection
- Workshop registration priority to military veterans
- Network with other veterans
- Lunch is included
Join us for a 1-day hands-on training to learn the rules, regulations, and safe practices for produce. These regulations can be overwhelming to find, learn, and put into practice. This training will break them down and teach producers how to implement food safety on their operation.
Workshop Dates & Locations
Workshops will be hosted from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CANCELLED – April 17, 2020 – Lampasas, Texas
CANCELLED – May 15, 2020 – Houston, Texas
CANCELLED – June 19, 2020 – Nixon, Texas
Subscribe to our email newsletter for more events and updates.