The evening before the Battleground to Breaking Ground Ag Workshop, we will have a farm tour and networking event at Bonton Farms. Bonton Farms is an urban agriculture operation situated in a food desert in the heart of Dallas. They specialize in organic vegetable production, free-range chickens, goats, turkeys, rabbits, beehives, and more!
Cost is $20 per person. Food and drinks will be provided.
The Battleground to Breaking Ground Ag Workshop is a one day agriculture business workshop that covers
- Ideas for starting an agriculture business
- Farming/Ranching with a disability
- Training for Veterans and Beginning Farmers and Ranchers
- Business Planning Basics
- Funding Resources and Opportunities
- Programs available to assist agriculture producers