Phase 1 Agriculture Production Bootcamp
Developed for those with limited agriculture experience, this event will provide participants with knowledge of essential agricultural production concepts and prepare them to create an agriculture business plan.
Sessions include hands-on training in:
- Farm Safety & Food Safety
- Business Planning & Business Management
- Diversification & Marketing Strategies
- Financial & Risk Management
- Agriculture rehabilitation & vocational training opportunities for veterans
- Land Management & Conservation Practices including natural resource management
- Basic Vegetable Production & Row Crop Production
- Basic Livestock Production
- Alternative & Value-Added Agriculture Enterprises
Phase 1 Online Course (Optional for BGBG Applicants)
This online course helps participants understand introductory farm and ranch concepts, business planning, and training programs. It includes a session, conducted with military veteran farmers and ranchers, that provides best practices for navigating barriers to becoming successful agricultural producers. Participants will also view a session about additional training programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be provided with a certificate that can be used to verify training hours in agriculture to enhance their eligibility for agriculture-related funding sources. Successful completion will also increase participant’s chances of submitting a successful application for the tuition waiver for the BattleGround to Breaking Ground Phase 2 and Phase 3 courses.
The Phase 1 Online Course is encouraged before applying to Phase 2 & Phase 3 but not required.