When all of your perfect produce has been sold, what do you do with the rest? Or do you just have an abundance of produce from your garden this year?
How about creating Value Added Products and generate more revenue!!
In Texas, the Cottage Food Bill allows individuals to create canned goods for sale up to a certain amount without the use of a commercial kitchen. This could be a new revenue stream for you!!
- Cottage Food Law Requirements
- Food Safety
- Canning Safety
- Strawberry Jam Making
- Pickling Making
Cost is $30: this includes a handy reference handout, lunch AND students will get to take home jars of jam and pickles they create during the class!!
It is always difficult for new livestock producers to understand all of the moving parts required to move their livestock from farm to table. This class provides a site visit to a USDA certified processing facility, cut list development, and labeling requirements for TDA and USDA.
- USDA Processing Facility Tour: How beef is processed
- Product label requirements and development
- How to develop a cut list for processing
- How to use customer input and marketing data to develop cut lists
- Beef cattle processing requirements
- How to develop relationships between you and your processor
- Product labels and marketing
- Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
Registration link coming soon. Contact Doug Havemann for details.