About 1 in 5 farmers, ranchers, and agriculture workers suffer from a disabling condition. Farm and ranch assessments provide solutions to keep farmers in their chosen occupation after acquiring a disability or chronic health condition. Whether you are a beginning farmer or life-long ag producer, farm assessments can be a helpful tool to keeping you in the driver’s seat of your operation.
During this webinar you will:
- Identify services available through Texas AgrAbility for farmers and ranchers with disabilities
- Analyze which individuals may be a good fit for a farm or ranch assessment
- Explore the process of conducting and agricultural worksite assessment
- Review assistive technology recommendation examples from a farm or ranch assessment
Farmers and farm families have experienced increasing pressure resulting in high levels of stress, mental health issues, and suicide. The Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) training teaches laypeople and professionals to recognize and respond to mental health crises. QPR for Farmers and Farm Families is specially tailored to the agricultural community.
In this 1.5-hour QPR training, you will explore:
- How the unique challenges farmers face can lead to stress, depression, and suicide.
- Examples of how to implement each QPR component.
- Strategies for helping someone at risk of suicide