Join us for a farm tour and networking event highlighting the FEAT Training Farm in Gatesville, Texas. We will be touring the farm and learning about livestock and soil.
- Choosing your livestock species
- understanding stocking rate
- Taking a soil sample
- Taking a forage sample
- Reading a forage & soil tests
- Understanding and using soil maps
The farm tour is FREE, but please Regsiter HERE!
The workshop will be held at the Farmer Education and Training (FEAT) Farm at 729 CR 931, Flat, Texas 76528 on 25 and 26 January 2020 from 9:00 am until 5 pm for both days.
The workshop is a two-day workshop designed to teach participants some of the basics of welding around the farm/ranch. This will not certify anyone in welding, but it will teach the basic concepts.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Designing a pipe fence
- Arc welding
- Cutting torch
- Setting corner posts
- Setting line posts
- Cutting saddles
- Welding pipe rails
About 1 in 5 farmers, ranchers, and agriculture workers suffer from a disabling condition. Farm and ranch assessments provide solutions to keep farmers in their chosen occupation after acquiring a disability or chronic health condition. Whether you are a beginning farmer or life-long ag producer, farm assessments can be a helpful tool to keeping you in the driver’s seat of your operation.
During this webinar you will:
- Identify services available through Texas AgrAbility for farmers and ranchers with disabilities
- Analyze which individuals may be a good fit for a farm or ranch assessment
- Explore the process of conducting and agricultural worksite assessment
- Review assistive technology recommendation examples from a farm or ranch assessment