Join us for a farm tour and networking event highlighting the FEAT Training Farm in Gatesville, Texas. We will be touring the farm and learning about livestock and soil.
- Choosing your livestock species
- understanding stocking rate
- Taking a soil sample
- Taking a forage sample
- Reading a forage & soil tests
- Understanding and using soil maps
The farm tour is FREE, but please Regsiter HERE!
Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Pasture Management Workshop
Learn about soil and forage health to improve your little piece of heaven on earth. Join us for classroom and field training on range condition assessment for production goals, basic soil science, rotational grazing, use of the latest technology for analysis and management, and USDA EQIP programs to help meet your goals.
When: June 26, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Lampasas County Farm Bureau Building 1739 N. HWY 281 Lampasas, TX 76550
The workshop will be held at the Farmer Education and Training (FEAT) Farm at 729 CR 931, Flat, Texas 76528 on 25 and 26 January 2020 from 9:00 am until 5 pm for both days.
The workshop is a two-day workshop designed to teach participants some of the basics of welding around the farm/ranch. This will not certify anyone in welding, but it will teach the basic concepts.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Designing a pipe fence
- Arc welding
- Cutting torch
- Setting corner posts
- Setting line posts
- Cutting saddles
- Welding pipe rails