Participants will learn how to perform paddock design and usage of electric fencing to maintain daily rotation of grass fed beef cattle. Also the introduction of cover crops into their paddocks for supplemental grazing and nutrient restoration to the soil. With the end result of improved animal quality and soil nutrient supply due to these improved systems. Additionally our veterinarian will provide animal husbandry information for beef ranchers.
- Basic construction
- Basic fabrication
- Farm tool safety
- Build and install infrastructure
- Material supply calculations
- Infrastructure damage prevention
- Farm safety
- Farm infrastructure development planning
- Crop Planning
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm, NRCS
What is one thing there is never enough of? COLD STORAGE!
Join us as we demonstrate how to build cold storage in a shipping container. You will be able to utilize skills taught to build cold storage anywhere you have space!
- Determining Equipment Needs
- Sourcing Eqipment/Supplies
- Dry and Cold Storage
Steve Smith, Army veteran, co-founder of F.A.R.M.
RSVP by December 13, 2018
Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns