What is Bio-Char? Come learn about bio-char and build a “J” shape rocket stove to make bio-char.
Join us as we talk about this 2,000 year-old practice converts agricultural waste into a soil enhancer that can hold carbon, boost food security, and increase soil biodiversity, and discourage deforestation. The process creates a fine-grained, highly porous charcoal that helps soils retain nutrients and water.
Participants will learn the importance of Bio char and why is it good for soil health and crops. They will also learn how to build a J shaped rocket stove out of standard farm equipment.
- Understanding the basics of soil health
- Organic matter management
- Understanding Culture needs of crops
- Designing bio diverse systems
- Determining moisture needs
- Fabricate tools & equipment
- Build soil health & productivity
About 1 in 5 farmers, ranchers, and agriculture workers suffer from a disabling condition. Farm and ranch assessments provide solutions to keep farmers in their chosen occupation after acquiring a disability or chronic health condition. Whether you are a beginning farmer or life-long ag producer, farm assessments can be a helpful tool to keeping you in the driver’s seat of your operation.
During this webinar you will:
- Identify services available through Texas AgrAbility for farmers and ranchers with disabilities
- Analyze which individuals may be a good fit for a farm or ranch assessment
- Explore the process of conducting and agricultural worksite assessment
- Review assistive technology recommendation examples from a farm or ranch assessment