What is Bio-Char? Come learn about bio-char and build a “J” shape rocket stove to make bio-char.
Join us as we talk about this 2,000 year-old practice converts agricultural waste into a soil enhancer that can hold carbon, boost food security, and increase soil biodiversity, and discourage deforestation. The process creates a fine-grained, highly porous charcoal that helps soils retain nutrients and water.
Participants will learn the importance of Bio char and why is it good for soil health and crops. They will also learn how to build a J shaped rocket stove out of standard farm equipment.
- Understanding the basics of soil health
- Organic matter management
- Understanding Culture needs of crops
- Designing bio diverse systems
- Determining moisture needs
- Fabricate tools & equipment
- Build soil health & productivity
Join us for a FREE Agriculture Business Workshop on December 1 in Georgetown, Texas sponsored by Farm Credit Bank of Texas.
The Texas AgrAbility Project and Battleground to Breaking Ground will be hosting an agriculture workshop for veterans, individuals with disabilities, beginning farmers and ranchers, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations