What is Bio-Char? Come learn about bio-char and build a “J” shape rocket stove to make bio-char.
Join us as we talk about this 2,000 year-old practice converts agricultural waste into a soil enhancer that can hold carbon, boost food security, and increase soil biodiversity, and discourage deforestation. The process creates a fine-grained, highly porous charcoal that helps soils retain nutrients and water.
Participants will learn the importance of Bio char and why is it good for soil health and crops. They will also learn how to build a J shaped rocket stove out of standard farm equipment.
- Understanding the basics of soil health
- Organic matter management
- Understanding Culture needs of crops
- Designing bio diverse systems
- Determining moisture needs
- Fabricate tools & equipment
- Build soil health & productivity
Join us for a FREE farm tour of Langetree Retreat & Eco Center in Liberty, Texas.
Langetree Retreat & Eco Center is a local farm, education center, and agriculture tourism destination. We will tour the farm and discuss:
- Agri-Tourism (hosting community events & farm tours)
- Environmental Sustainability
- Determining your Niche
- Community Engagement