As we move toward the development of our market gardens to meet our customer needs it is important that we prepare our soil, prepare our planting spaces, plant the appropriate crops, plant companion crops to reduce insect stress and maximize our garden space for successive plantings and profit.
This class will provide a discussion of the benefits of cover crops, which crops to plant, when to plant them, and a planting demonstration.
- Koen Stokes – Horticulturist, Veg’d Out Urban Farms
- Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Farm tool safety
- Crop planning
- Seed supply calculations
- Compost development
- Soil amendment requirements
- Farm implement usage (small scale planters)
- Soil preparation
- Planting bed preparation
- Watering methods
Join us for a FREE farm tour of Langetree Retreat & Eco Center in Liberty, Texas.
Langetree Retreat & Eco Center is a local farm, education center, and agriculture tourism destination. We will tour the farm and discuss:
- Agri-Tourism (hosting community events & farm tours)
- Environmental Sustainability
- Determining your Niche
- Community Engagement
THIS FARM TOUR HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to be notified of rescheduled dates!
Farming and ranching ranks among the most stressful occupations, with suicide rates nearly twice as high as the national average. The AgriStress Helpline is a new resource for farmers and ranchers in mental health crisis. Join us to learn more about the helpline and how it supports farmers and ranchers.