Participants will learn how to slaughter and process broiler chickens by hand in small batches on the farm. Participants will also see and discuss mobile chicken coup options
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
Kevin Ellis, NCAT, Poultry Specialist
- How to harvest chicken
- How to process chicken
- Farm tool safety
- Perform post harvest handling
- Food safety and sanitation
- Post harvest packaging
- Federal and State regulation requirements for small farm processing
- Discuss and see mobile chicken coups.
Join Mesquite Field Farm for mobile chicken tractor building workshop
- Learn the Suscovich design of mobile chicken tractors
- Learn how to build a mobile chicken tractor
- Construct 4 Suscovich style mobile chicken tractors
Lunch is provided by Pioneer BBQ
RSVP by October 18, 2018
Join us for this FREE webinar intended to educate agriculture producers on available marketing opportunities and additional markets that may be available to them.
- Conducting a Market Analysis
- Exploring Alternative Markets
- Movement of Product to Market
Conducted by BattleGround To Breaking Ground Cohort 4 Team 2.
Centers for Independent Living provide essential services for individuals with disabilities to promote independence in communities. This is especially important in rural communities where other types of support services may be limited.
This free educational webinar will provide an overview of the Centers for Independent Living (CIL), eligibility criteria for utilizing CIL services, services provided, and ways to get involved with your local Center for Independent Living.
Jackie Pacha, Executive Director for the Brazos Valley Center for Independent Living.