Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Centers for Independent Living provide essential services for individuals with disabilities to promote independence in communities. This is especially important in rural communities where other types of support services may be limited.
This free educational webinar will provide an overview of the Centers for Independent Living (CIL), eligibility criteria for utilizing CIL services, services provided, and ways to get involved with your local Center for Independent Living.
Jackie Pacha, Executive Director for the Brazos Valley Center for Independent Living.