What is Bio-Char? Come learn about bio-char and build a “J” shape rocket stove to make bio-char.
Join us as we talk about this 2,000 year-old practice converts agricultural waste into a soil enhancer that can hold carbon, boost food security, and increase soil biodiversity, and discourage deforestation. The process creates a fine-grained, highly porous charcoal that helps soils retain nutrients and water.
Participants will learn the importance of Bio char and why is it good for soil health and crops. They will also learn how to build a J shaped rocket stove out of standard farm equipment.
- Understanding the basics of soil health
- Organic matter management
- Understanding Culture needs of crops
- Designing bio diverse systems
- Determining moisture needs
- Fabricate tools & equipment
- Build soil health & productivity
Join us for an agriculture business workshop in Bell County (Belton) Texas. This workshop is a one day workshop designed for military veterans, beginning farmers and ranchers, individuals with disabilities, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for Farming/Ranching with a Disability
- Financial Funding Sources for Farming/Ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to Support Agriculture Business Operation
Cost of Workshop: $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and workshop materials
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have some hands-on demonstrations outside in the afternoon.
View the Workshop Flyer