Join us for a farm tour and networking event highlighting the FEAT Training Farm in Gatesville, Texas. We will be touring the farm and learning about livestock and soil.
- Choosing your livestock species
- understanding stocking rate
- Taking a soil sample
- Taking a forage sample
- Reading a forage & soil tests
- Understanding and using soil maps
The farm tour is FREE, but please Regsiter HERE!
Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Join us for an agriculture business workshop in Bell County (Belton) Texas. This workshop is a one day workshop designed for military veterans, beginning farmers and ranchers, individuals with disabilities, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for Farming/Ranching with a Disability
- Financial Funding Sources for Farming/Ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to Support Agriculture Business Operation
Cost of Workshop: $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and workshop materials
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have some hands-on demonstrations outside in the afternoon.
View the Workshop Flyer