Understanding the basics of organics is understanding your soil.
In this workshop we will discuss and understand the basics of soil health, organic matter management , compost and plant based teas. How to scout for diseases and monitoring and finally beneficial insects that help protect your crops.
- Organic matter management
- Understanding basics of soil health
- Compost &plant based teas
- Disease scouting & monitoring
- Beneficial Insects
Want to recycle your food and yard waste at home, but don’t know how to get started? Join the Turn Team for a free class covering the basics of composting in an urban environment. Taught by Turn founder, Lauren Clarke, you will learn
- why composting is important
- how composting works
- various methodologies for DIY in your urban home space.
The class is free, but donations are accepted here
Join us for an agriculture business workshop in Bell County (Belton) Texas. This workshop is a one day workshop designed for military veterans, beginning farmers and ranchers, individuals with disabilities, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for Farming/Ranching with a Disability
- Financial Funding Sources for Farming/Ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to Support Agriculture Business Operation
Cost of Workshop: $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and workshop materials
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have some hands-on demonstrations outside in the afternoon.
View the Workshop Flyer