It is always difficult for new livestock producers to understand all of the moving parts required to move their livestock from farm to table. This class provides a site visit to a USDA certified processing facility, cut list development, and labeling requirements for TDA and USDA.
- USDA Processing Facility Tour: How beef is processed
- Product label requirements and development
- How to develop a cut list for processing
- How to use customer input and marketing data to develop cut lists
- Beef cattle processing requirements
- How to develop relationships between you and your processor
- Product labels and marketing
- Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
Registration link coming soon. Contact Doug Havemann for details.
Understanding soil health is understanding the basics of organics.
In this hands on workshop, Co-Founder James Jeffers, will discuss
- understanding the basics of soil health
- organic matter management
- compost and plant based teas
- how to scout for diseases and pests
- weed management
- beneficial insects that help protect your crops.
Be prepared to get your hands dirty and bring your gloves.
This class is great opportunity for both beginner and seasoned growers!
For an accurate participant count and so we are better prepared, please be sure to register for the class.
After class, stay and have lunch with us that will be provided by Sheep Dog Assistance.