Join us for a farm tour and networking event highlighting the FEAT Training Farm in Gatesville, Texas. We will be touring the farm and learning about livestock and soil.
- Choosing your livestock species
- understanding stocking rate
- Taking a soil sample
- Taking a forage sample
- Reading a forage & soil tests
- Understanding and using soil maps
The farm tour is FREE, but please Regsiter HERE!
Participants will learn the requirements of the USDA Livestock watering grant, will learn how to operate a trencher, install PVC water lines, and witness the certification and sign off from the USDA upon completion of the class
- Basic construction
- Basic fabrication
- Farm tool safety
- Build and install infrastructure
- Material supply calculations
- Infrastructure damage prevention
- Farm safety
- Farm infrastructure development planning
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm, NRCS
Understanding soil health is understanding the basics of organics.
In this hands on workshop, Co-Founder James Jeffers, will discuss
- understanding the basics of soil health
- organic matter management
- compost and plant based teas
- how to scout for diseases and pests
- weed management
- beneficial insects that help protect your crops.
Be prepared to get your hands dirty and bring your gloves.
This class is great opportunity for both beginner and seasoned growers!
For an accurate participant count and so we are better prepared, please be sure to register for the class.
After class, stay and have lunch with us that will be provided by Sheep Dog Assistance.
The workshop will be held at the Farmer Education and Training (FEAT) Farm at 729 CR 931, Flat, Texas 76528 on 25 and 26 January 2020 from 9:00 am until 5 pm for both days.
The workshop is a two-day workshop designed to teach participants some of the basics of welding around the farm/ranch. This will not certify anyone in welding, but it will teach the basic concepts.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Designing a pipe fence
- Arc welding
- Cutting torch
- Setting corner posts
- Setting line posts
- Cutting saddles
- Welding pipe rails