Participants will learn the requirements of the USDA Livestock watering grant, will learn how to operate a trencher, install PVC water lines, and witness the certification and sign off from the USDA upon completion of the class
- Basic construction
- Basic fabrication
- Farm tool safety
- Build and install infrastructure
- Material supply calculations
- Infrastructure damage prevention
- Farm safety
- Farm infrastructure development planning
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm, NRCS
Understanding soil health is understanding the basics of organics.
In this hands on workshop, Co-Founder James Jeffers, will discuss
- understanding the basics of soil health
- organic matter management
- compost and plant based teas
- how to scout for diseases and pests
- weed management
- beneficial insects that help protect your crops.
Be prepared to get your hands dirty and bring your gloves.
This class is great opportunity for both beginner and seasoned growers!
For an accurate participant count and so we are better prepared, please be sure to register for the class.
After class, stay and have lunch with us that will be provided by Sheep Dog Assistance.
Farming and ranching ranks among the most stressful occupations, with suicide rates nearly twice as high as the national average. The AgriStress Helpline is a new resource for farmers and ranchers in mental health crisis. Join us to learn more about the helpline and how it supports farmers and ranchers.