As we all move to improve our soil quality we have found that conventional no-till methods work however, we have the ability to improve this process by reducing chemical usage and introducing cover crops into our processes.
This class will provide a discussion of the benefits of cover crops, which crops to plant, when to plant them, and a planting demonstration.
- Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Farm tool safety
- Crop planning
- Seed Supply calculations
- Material supply calculations
- Farm Tractor Usage
- Farm implement usage (no-till drill)
- Seed Characteristics
- USDA planting zones and cover crop recommendations
- Seed suppliers and recommendations
- Crop Planting techniques
Want to recycle your food and yard waste at home, but don’t know how to get started? Join the Turn Team for a free class covering the basics of composting in an urban environment. Taught by Turn founder, Lauren Clarke, you will learn
- why composting is important
- how composting works
- various methodologies for DIY in your urban home space.
The class is free, but donations are accepted here