Want to recycle your food and yard waste at home, but don’t know how to get started? Join the Turn Team for a free class covering the basics of composting in an urban environment. Taught by Turn founder, Lauren Clarke, you will learn
- why composting is important
- how composting works
- various methodologies for DIY in your urban home space.
The class is free, but donations are accepted here
Understanding soil health is understanding the basics of organics.
In this hands on workshop, Co-Founder James Jeffers, will discuss
- understanding the basics of soil health
- organic matter management
- compost and plant based teas
- how to scout for diseases and pests
- weed management
- beneficial insects that help protect your crops.
Be prepared to get your hands dirty and bring your gloves.
This class is great opportunity for both beginner and seasoned growers!
For an accurate participant count and so we are better prepared, please be sure to register for the class.
After class, stay and have lunch with us that will be provided by Sheep Dog Assistance.