Participants will learn how to perform paddock design and usage of electric fencing to maintain daily rotation of grass fed beef cattle. Also the introduction of cover crops into their paddocks for supplemental grazing and nutrient restoration to the soil. With the end result of improved animal quality and soil nutrient supply due to these improved systems. Additionally our veterinarian will provide animal husbandry information for beef ranchers.
- Basic construction
- Basic fabrication
- Farm tool safety
- Build and install infrastructure
- Material supply calculations
- Infrastructure damage prevention
- Farm safety
- Farm infrastructure development planning
- Crop Planning
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm, NRCS
Pasture Management Workshop
Learn about soil and forage health to improve your little piece of heaven on earth. Join us for classroom and field training on range condition assessment for production goals, basic soil science, rotational grazing, use of the latest technology for analysis and management, and USDA EQIP programs to help meet your goals.
When: June 26, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Lampasas County Farm Bureau Building 1739 N. HWY 281 Lampasas, TX 76550
Join Growin’ On Faith Farm for a Farm/Ranch Business Planning & Financial Funding Workshop. Learn the basics of business planning and financial funding and draft parts of a business plan!
- What is included in a business plan
- Using your plan to apply for funding
- Values, Mission, Vision
- Creating Operations, Marketing, and Financial Plans
- Funding resources: grants, USDA, etc.
- Selecting funding sources for your farm
- Marketing basics
- Financial planning basics
- Record keeping basics
- and much more!
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Minimum # of participants: 20