As we move toward the development of our market gardens to meet our customer needs it is important that we prepare our soil, prepare our planting spaces, plant the appropriate crops, plant companion crops to reduce insect stress and maximize our garden space for successive plantings and profit.
This class will provide a discussion of the benefits of cover crops, which crops to plant, when to plant them, and a planting demonstration.
- Koen Stokes – Horticulturist, Veg’d Out Urban Farms
- Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Farm tool safety
- Crop planning
- Seed supply calculations
- Compost development
- Soil amendment requirements
- Farm implement usage (small scale planters)
- Soil preparation
- Planting bed preparation
- Watering methods
Join us for a cattle AI workshop in Coryell County (Flat), Texas. This workshop is a one-day workshop designed to provide information about the AI process for cattle and is open to all producers.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Chute Side Manners (Basic Handling from moving cattle to basic skills like palpation, blood draw, with live AI demonstration) – Presented by Bell County Extension Agent Lyle Zoeller
- Cattle Nutrition (Maintenance, Breeding, Lactating) – Presented by Purina Nutritionist Jennifer Ramthun
- Understanding EPD’s
Workshop cost is $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and drinks.
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have a couple of Hands On Learning events outdoors in the morning before moving to our afternoon classroom portion.