Join us for a FREE sheep production workshop and demonstration.
Members of the BattleGround to Breaking Ground program will be presenting on basics of sheep production along with a live demonstration.
- Breed Knowledge
- Predator & Predation
- Pasture Management
- Shearing & Wool Marketing
Our demonstration portion will include basic handling, drenching, ear tagging, vaccinating, hoof trimming.
REGISTRATION WILL BE CAPPED AT 30 PARTICIPANTS.
Cost: FREE which includes food and drinks. Register before 21 June 2019 to lock in your meals. Late registration accepted omitting meals.
All registered participants in attendance will be entered for a drawing for a sheep/goat milking stanchion/working stand to be given away at the end of the event.
Come out and support the Battle Ground to Breaking Ground program, an amazing program helping Veterans become Farmers and enlarge your network of fellow producers.
Please wear appropriate clothing including sturdy closed toe shoes and come prepared to get dirty, learn, and have fun!
Join us for a FREE agriculture business workshop in Seguin, Texas. This workshop is a one-day workshop designed for military veterans, beginning farmers and ranchers, individuals with disabilities, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
This workshop is made possible by a sponsorship from Farm Credit Bank of Texas
About 1 in 5 farmers, ranchers, and agriculture workers suffer from a disabling condition. Farm and ranch assessments provide solutions to keep farmers in their chosen occupation after acquiring a disability or chronic health condition. Whether you are a beginning farmer or life-long ag producer, farm assessments can be a helpful tool to keeping you in the driver’s seat of your operation.
During this webinar you will:
- Identify services available through Texas AgrAbility for farmers and ranchers with disabilities
- Analyze which individuals may be a good fit for a farm or ranch assessment
- Explore the process of conducting and agricultural worksite assessment
- Review assistive technology recommendation examples from a farm or ranch assessment