Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Join us for a FREE sheep production workshop and demonstration.
Members of the BattleGround to Breaking Ground program will be presenting on basics of sheep production along with a live demonstration.
- Breed Knowledge
- Predator & Predation
- Pasture Management
- Shearing & Wool Marketing
Our demonstration portion will include basic handling, drenching, ear tagging, vaccinating, hoof trimming.
REGISTRATION WILL BE CAPPED AT 30 PARTICIPANTS.
Cost: FREE which includes food and drinks. Register before 21 June 2019 to lock in your meals. Late registration accepted omitting meals.
All registered participants in attendance will be entered for a drawing for a sheep/goat milking stanchion/working stand to be given away at the end of the event.
Come out and support the Battle Ground to Breaking Ground program, an amazing program helping Veterans become Farmers and enlarge your network of fellow producers.
Please wear appropriate clothing including sturdy closed toe shoes and come prepared to get dirty, learn, and have fun!
Join us for a FREE agriculture business workshop in Seguin, Texas. This workshop is a one-day workshop designed for military veterans, beginning farmers and ranchers, individuals with disabilities, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
This workshop is made possible by a sponsorship from Farm Credit Bank of Texas