Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Join us for a cattle AI workshop in Coryell County (Flat), Texas. This workshop is a one-day workshop designed to provide information about the AI process for cattle and is open to all producers.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Chute Side Manners (Basic Handling from moving cattle to basic skills like palpation, blood draw, with live AI demonstration) – Presented by Bell County Extension Agent Lyle Zoeller
- Cattle Nutrition (Maintenance, Breeding, Lactating) – Presented by Purina Nutritionist Jennifer Ramthun
- Understanding EPD’s
Workshop cost is $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and drinks.
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have a couple of Hands On Learning events outdoors in the morning before moving to our afternoon classroom portion.