Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
When all of your perfect produce has been sold, what do you do with the rest? Or do you just have an abundance of produce from your garden this year?
How about creating Value Added Products and generate more revenue!!
In Texas, the Cottage Food Bill allows individuals to create canned goods for sale up to a certain amount without the use of a commercial kitchen. This could be a new revenue stream for you!!
- Cottage Food Law Requirements
- Food Safety
- Canning Safety
- Strawberry Jam Making
- Pickling Making
Cost is $30: this includes a handy reference handout, lunch AND students will get to take home jars of jam and pickles they create during the class!!