Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Want to recycle your food and yard waste at home, but don’t know how to get started? Join the Turn Team for a free class covering the basics of composting in an urban environment. Taught by Turn founder, Lauren Clarke, you will learn
- why composting is important
- how composting works
- various methodologies for DIY in your urban home space.
The class is free, but donations are accepted here