Join us for a FREE Agriculture Business Workshop on June 30 in San Antonio sponsored by Farm Credit of Texas & the Alamo Soil & Water Conservation District.
The Texas AgrAbility Project and Battleground to Breaking Ground will be hosting an agriculture workshop for veterans, individuals with disabilities, beginning farmers and ranchers, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
The workshop is currently full, and a waiting list has been started.
To add your name to the waiting list, email email@example.com with your name, email, phone number, and which event you would like to attend (farm tour, workshop, both).
Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns