Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Join us for a FREE farm tour of Langetree Retreat & Eco Center in Liberty, Texas.
Langetree Retreat & Eco Center is a local farm, education center, and agriculture tourism destination. We will tour the farm and discuss:
- Agri-Tourism (hosting community events & farm tours)
- Environmental Sustainability
- Determining your Niche
- Community Engagement
THIS FARM TOUR HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to be notified of rescheduled dates!
Pasture Management Workshop
Learn about soil and forage health to improve your little piece of heaven on earth. Join us for classroom and field training on range condition assessment for production goals, basic soil science, rotational grazing, use of the latest technology for analysis and management, and USDA EQIP programs to help meet your goals.
When: June 26, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Lampasas County Farm Bureau Building 1739 N. HWY 281 Lampasas, TX 76550