Participants will learn the requirements of the USDA Livestock watering grant, will learn how to operate a trencher, install PVC water lines, and witness the certification and sign off from the USDA upon completion of the class
- Basic construction
- Basic fabrication
- Farm tool safety
- Build and install infrastructure
- Material supply calculations
- Infrastructure damage prevention
- Farm safety
- Farm infrastructure development planning
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm, NRCS
Join us for a cattle AI workshop in Coryell County (Flat), Texas. This workshop is a one-day workshop designed to provide information about the AI process for cattle and is open to all producers.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Chute Side Manners (Basic Handling from moving cattle to basic skills like palpation, blood draw, with live AI demonstration) – Presented by Bell County Extension Agent Lyle Zoeller
- Cattle Nutrition (Maintenance, Breeding, Lactating) – Presented by Purina Nutritionist Jennifer Ramthun
- Understanding EPD’s
Workshop cost is $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and drinks.
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have a couple of Hands On Learning events outdoors in the morning before moving to our afternoon classroom portion.