Join us for a FREE Agriculture Business Workshop on June 30 in San Antonio sponsored by Farm Credit of Texas & the Alamo Soil & Water Conservation District.
The Texas AgrAbility Project and Battleground to Breaking Ground will be hosting an agriculture workshop for veterans, individuals with disabilities, beginning farmers and ranchers, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
The workshop is currently full, and a waiting list has been started.
To add your name to the waiting list, email email@example.com with your name, email, phone number, and which event you would like to attend (farm tour, workshop, both).
Participants will learn the requirements of the USDA Livestock watering grant, will learn how to operate a trencher, install PVC water lines, and witness the certification and sign off from the USDA upon completion of the class
- Basic construction
- Basic fabrication
- Farm tool safety
- Build and install infrastructure
- Material supply calculations
- Infrastructure damage prevention
- Farm safety
- Farm infrastructure development planning
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm, NRCS