Participants will learn how to slaughter and process broiler chickens by hand in small batches on the farm. Participants will also see and discuss mobile chicken coup options
Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
Kevin Ellis, NCAT, Poultry Specialist
- How to harvest chicken
- How to process chicken
- Farm tool safety
- Perform post harvest handling
- Food safety and sanitation
- Post harvest packaging
- Federal and State regulation requirements for small farm processing
- Discuss and see mobile chicken coups.
Join us for a farm tour of Stiles Farm in Thrall, Texas. The Stiles Farm Foundation is a 2,716 acre farm located in Thrall, Texas in eastern Williamson County. The farm is managed by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service as a living demonstration of research-based, profitable, and environmentally sustainable agricultural practices for the Texas Blackland Prairie.
Tyler Coufal, Williamson County Extension Agent, will be putting together some hands-on learning activities and a farm tour of the Stiles Farm.
You can vote for topics from the following when registering:
- Parasite Management & Soils
- Cattle Handling & Working
- Sheep & Goat Handling & Working
- Animal Health & Nutrition