- Good Personal Hygiene
- Cross Contamination
- Time and Temperature abuse
Join us for a farm tour of Stiles Farm in Thrall, Texas. The Stiles Farm Foundation is a 2,716 acre farm located in Thrall, Texas in eastern Williamson County. The farm is managed by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service as a living demonstration of research-based, profitable, and environmentally sustainable agricultural practices for the Texas Blackland Prairie.
Tyler Coufal, Williamson County Extension Agent, will be putting together some hands-on learning activities and a farm tour of the Stiles Farm.
You can vote for topics from the following when registering:
- Parasite Management & Soils
- Cattle Handling & Working
- Sheep & Goat Handling & Working
- Animal Health & Nutrition
As we move toward the development of our market gardens to meet our customer needs it is important that we prepare our soil, prepare our planting spaces, plant the appropriate crops, plant companion crops to reduce insect stress and maximize our garden space for successive plantings and profit.
This class will provide a discussion of the benefits of cover crops, which crops to plant, when to plant them, and a planting demonstration.
- Koen Stokes – Horticulturist, Veg’d Out Urban Farms
- Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Farm tool safety
- Crop planning
- Seed supply calculations
- Compost development
- Soil amendment requirements
- Farm implement usage (small scale planters)
- Soil preparation
- Planting bed preparation
- Watering methods