Join us for a FREE Agriculture Business Workshop on June 30 in San Antonio sponsored by Farm Credit of Texas & the Alamo Soil & Water Conservation District.
The Texas AgrAbility Project and Battleground to Breaking Ground will be hosting an agriculture workshop for veterans, individuals with disabilities, beginning farmers and ranchers, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
The workshop is currently full, and a waiting list has been started.
To add your name to the waiting list, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email, phone number, and which event you would like to attend (farm tour, workshop, both).
It is always difficult for new livestock producers to understand all of the moving parts required to move their livestock from farm to table. This class provides a site visit to a USDA certified processing facility, cut list development, and labeling requirements for TDA and USDA.
- USDA Processing Facility Tour: How beef is processed
- Product label requirements and development
- How to develop a cut list for processing
- How to use customer input and marketing data to develop cut lists
- Beef cattle processing requirements
- How to develop relationships between you and your processor
- Product labels and marketing
- Doug Havemann, Army Veteran, Co – Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
- Melissa Havemann, Co-Owner, Mesquite Field Farm
Registration link coming soon. Contact Doug Havemann for details.