Join us for a FREE Agriculture Business Workshop on June 30 in San Antonio sponsored by Farm Credit of Texas & the Alamo Soil & Water Conservation District.
The Texas AgrAbility Project and Battleground to Breaking Ground will be hosting an agriculture workshop for veterans, individuals with disabilities, beginning farmers and ranchers, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
The workshop is currently full, and a waiting list has been started.
To add your name to the waiting list, email email@example.com with your name, email, phone number, and which event you would like to attend (farm tour, workshop, both).
Join Mesquite Field Farm for a tour of a USDA beef processing facility and learn about beef labelling and requirements.
- USDA Processing Facility Tour
- Product label requirements and development
- Developing a cut list
- Beef cattle processing requirements
- Developing relationships with your processor
- Product labels and marketing
Soil Test? Forage Test? Resource Inventory? Conservation Plan? Do you know what these words and concepts mean and how they benefit you and your operation?
In order to manage our farms & ranches, it is important to first understand what we have to manage. Join us with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and experience the process of developing a conservation plan.
This class will will teach you about:
- How to work with USDA NRCS & how that can benefit you
- Understanding what natural resources your farm or ranch has to offer
- Choosing the best livestock for your operation & why it matters
- Managing your natural resources
- Making a resource inventory & a land plan
- Identifying & managing your resources like water access, pastures, forage species and so much more
- Accessing funding to address resource concerns
Join Mesquite Field Farm’s Doug and Melissa Havemann for a farm and ranch Marketing 101 workshop. With backgrounds in marketing and advertisement, Doug and Melissa have developed successful marketing plans for farm events, farm product sales, and for telling their farm story.
Topics covered will include
- Web for business
- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
Web Design 1-on-1
There will be a Web Design 1-on-1 workshop on June 23, 2019 that focuses on building a website for your farm. This web design 1-on-1 workshop is only available to Military Veterans enrolled in the Battleground to Breaking Ground Program. There are only 5 spaces open for this workshop. If you meet the criteria for the second day and you would like to purchase a ticket, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting one of the 5 tickets available for the 23rd. After your status in the Battleground to Breaking Ground program is validated, you will be sent a second link to register and pay for the Web Design 101 time-slot.
Pasture Management Workshop
Learn about soil and forage health to improve your little piece of heaven on earth. Join us for classroom and field training on range condition assessment for production goals, basic soil science, rotational grazing, use of the latest technology for analysis and management, and USDA EQIP programs to help meet your goals.
When: June 26, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Lampasas County Farm Bureau Building 1739 N. HWY 281 Lampasas, TX 76550