Join us for a FREE Agriculture Business Workshop on June 30 in San Antonio sponsored by Farm Credit of Texas & the Alamo Soil & Water Conservation District.
The Texas AgrAbility Project and Battleground to Breaking Ground will be hosting an agriculture workshop for veterans, individuals with disabilities, beginning farmers and ranchers, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for farming/ranching with a disability
- Financial funding sources for farming/ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to support agriculture business operations
The workshop is currently full, and a waiting list has been started.
To add your name to the waiting list, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email, phone number, and which event you would like to attend (farm tour, workshop, both).
Join Growin’ On Faith Farm for a Farm/Ranch Business Planning & Financial Funding Workshop. Learn the basics of business planning and financial funding and draft parts of a business plan!
- What is included in a business plan
- Using your plan to apply for funding
- Values, Mission, Vision
- Creating Operations, Marketing, and Financial Plans
- Funding resources: grants, USDA, etc.
- Selecting funding sources for your farm
- Marketing basics
- Financial planning basics
- Record keeping basics
- and much more!
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Minimum # of participants: 20
Marketing is one aspect small farms and ranches have to consider when producing farm products. In order to have a successful business, you have to sell your products.
Join us for a Marketing 101 Workshop where we will cover the basics of marketing, marketing plans, and marketing for farms and ranches. Participants will have an opportunity to develop their own marketing plan during the workshop.
Lunch will be included.