Improve Your Soil Using Compost Tea
Join us for a hands-on workshop at Mesquite Field Farm covering compost tea and soil health and fertility.
Participants will learn
- How to utilize compost tea to improve soil health and fertility
- How to take a soil sample
- Analyzing soil under a microscope
- Make a compost tea from scratch
- Analyze composition of tea under a microscope
- Analyzing proper balance of bacteria and microbes in soil
- Build a compost tea maker
- Build a compost tea distribution container
- Improve soil fertility without chemicals
- Distribute compost tea on the land
Instructor, Casey Williams
Casey is a regenerative agriculturist in Corpus Christi, TX who has studied in multiple areas including permaculture, annual and perennial food production, soil health, and aquaponics. In the Summer of 2017 he took Dr. Elaine Ingham’s Soil Food Web online classes (Life in the Soils, Compost, Compost Tea, and Microscope). He is now in the training program to become a Soil Life Consultant with Environment Celebration Institute. Casey’s business, Agricultural Devolution, has a broad scope comprised of teaching individuals how to consciously tend the precious soil and design healthy, dynamic ecosystems as well as growing soil life and nutrient dense food himself. When not working he really enjoys the culinary arts and leisurely reading!