Join us for a farm tour and networking event highlighting the FEAT Training Farm in Gatesville, Texas. We will be touring the farm and learning about livestock and soil.
- Choosing your livestock species
- understanding stocking rate
- Taking a soil sample
- Taking a forage sample
- Reading a forage & soil tests
- Understanding and using soil maps
The farm tour is FREE, but please Regsiter HERE!
Join us for a farm tour of Mesquite Field Farm in Nixon, Texas.
We will be touring Mesquite Field Farm, a local farm that produces grass fed beef and specialty crops.
Doug Havemann, veteran owner operator, will be sharing his experience as a veteran farmer/rancher in Texas and the methods he utilizes to produce and sell his products.
- Intensive Rotational Grazing
- Benefits of Rotational Grazing
- Direct-to-Consumer Marketing
- Grazing Planning
- Soil Health
- Grass-Fed Beef Health
The workshop is currently full, and a waiting list has been started.
To add your name to the waiting list, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email, phone number, and which event you would like to attend (farm tour, workshop, both).
This course will be all worms! Learn how worms can determine your soil health and how to cultivate them. We will also be demonstrating how to build and easy worm bin with minimum inputs.
Instructors: F.A.R.M. & Texas Worm Ranch
- Build/ install infrastructure
- Build soil health & productivity (e.g., make compost, plant and manage cover and catch drops, integrate crop and livestock production, install crop rotations, add organic amendments if and as required)
- Monitor ecological impact of all production activities
- Implement conservation practices & measures (e.g., buffer strips, water quality management projects, wildlife habitat improvement, strip cropping)
- Cultivate soil
Now that you have multiplied your worm collection, use the castings for compost tea. Compost tea is a great way to love your plants naturally. Compost Tea is a Liquid Gold fertilizer for flowers, vegetables and houseplants. … Very simply, it is a liquid, nutritionally rich, well-balanced, organic supplement made by steeping aged compost in water.
- Benefits of compost tea
- How to improve crop growth with compost tea
- Nutrient retention and availability of soil
- Build stronger soil structures with compost tea
Following discussion, we will demonstrate how to build a compost tea brewer!
Join us for a farm tour of Honey’s Acres Farm in Cedar Hill, Texas.
We will be touring Honey’s Acres Farm, a local farm that produces grass-fed beef, laying hens, and value added products.
Carolyn White, owner operator, will be sharing her experience with farming in suburban Dallas and the methods they utilizes to produce and sell their products.
- Grass-Fed Beef
- Laying Hens
- Value Added Products
- Holistic Land Management
Join us for a farm tour of Stiles Farm in Thrall, Texas. The Stiles Farm Foundation is a 2,716 acre farm located in Thrall, Texas in eastern Williamson County. The farm is managed by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service as a living demonstration of research-based, profitable, and environmentally sustainable agricultural practices for the Texas Blackland Prairie.
Tyler Coufal, Williamson County Extension Agent, will be putting together some hands-on learning activities and a farm tour of the Stiles Farm.
You can vote for topics from the following when registering:
- Parasite Management & Soils
- Cattle Handling & Working
- Sheep & Goat Handling & Working
- Animal Health & Nutrition
Join us for a FREE farm tour of Farmers Assisting Returning Military (F.A.R.M.) Urban Farm Park in Dallas, Texas
F.A.R.M. is a local farm established by veterans for veterans. They produce specialty crops and . We will tour the farm and discuss:
- Agri-Tourism (hosting community events & farm tours)
- Environmental Sustainability
- Determining your Niche
- Specialty Crop Production
- Urban Farming
- Veteran Programs
- and much more!