This course will be all worms! Learn how worms can determine your soil health and how to cultivate them. We will also be demonstrating how to build and easy worm bin with minimum inputs.
Instructors: F.A.R.M. & Texas Worm Ranch
- Build/ install infrastructure
- Build soil health & productivity (e.g., make compost, plant and manage cover and catch drops, integrate crop and livestock production, install crop rotations, add organic amendments if and as required)
- Monitor ecological impact of all production activities
- Implement conservation practices & measures (e.g., buffer strips, water quality management projects, wildlife habitat improvement, strip cropping)
- Cultivate soil
Now that you have multiplied your worm collection, use the castings for compost tea. Compost tea is a great way to love your plants naturally. Compost Tea is a Liquid Gold fertilizer for flowers, vegetables and houseplants. … Very simply, it is a liquid, nutritionally rich, well-balanced, organic supplement made by steeping aged compost in water.
- Benefits of compost tea
- How to improve crop growth with compost tea
- Nutrient retention and availability of soil
- Build stronger soil structures with compost tea
Following discussion, we will demonstrate how to build a compost tea brewer!
Join us for a cattle AI workshop in Coryell County (Flat), Texas. This workshop is a one-day workshop designed to provide information about the AI process for cattle and is open to all producers.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Chute Side Manners (Basic Handling from moving cattle to basic skills like palpation, blood draw, with live AI demonstration) – Presented by Bell County Extension Agent Lyle Zoeller
- Cattle Nutrition (Maintenance, Breeding, Lactating) – Presented by Purina Nutritionist Jennifer Ramthun
- Understanding EPD’s
Workshop cost is $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and drinks.
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have a couple of Hands On Learning events outdoors in the morning before moving to our afternoon classroom portion.