This course will be all worms! Learn how worms can determine your soil health and how to cultivate them. We will also be demonstrating how to build and easy worm bin with minimum inputs.
Instructors: F.A.R.M. & Texas Worm Ranch
- Build/ install infrastructure
- Build soil health & productivity (e.g., make compost, plant and manage cover and catch drops, integrate crop and livestock production, install crop rotations, add organic amendments if and as required)
- Monitor ecological impact of all production activities
- Implement conservation practices & measures (e.g., buffer strips, water quality management projects, wildlife habitat improvement, strip cropping)
- Cultivate soil
Now that you have multiplied your worm collection, use the castings for compost tea. Compost tea is a great way to love your plants naturally. Compost Tea is a Liquid Gold fertilizer for flowers, vegetables and houseplants. … Very simply, it is a liquid, nutritionally rich, well-balanced, organic supplement made by steeping aged compost in water.
- Benefits of compost tea
- How to improve crop growth with compost tea
- Nutrient retention and availability of soil
- Build stronger soil structures with compost tea
Following discussion, we will demonstrate how to build a compost tea brewer!
Join Mesquite Field Farm’s Doug and Melissa Havemann for a farm and ranch Marketing 101 workshop. With backgrounds in marketing and advertisement, Doug and Melissa have developed successful marketing plans for farm events, farm product sales, and for telling their farm story.
Topics covered will include
- Web for business
- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
Web Design 1-on-1
There will be a Web Design 1-on-1 workshop on June 23, 2019 that focuses on building a website for your farm. This web design 1-on-1 workshop is only available to Military Veterans enrolled in the Battleground to Breaking Ground Program. There are only 5 spaces open for this workshop. If you meet the criteria for the second day and you would like to purchase a ticket, please send an email to email@example.com requesting one of the 5 tickets available for the 23rd. After your status in the Battleground to Breaking Ground program is validated, you will be sent a second link to register and pay for the Web Design 101 time-slot.