Improve Your Soil Using Compost Tea
Join us for a hands-on workshop at Mesquite Field Farm covering compost tea and soil health and fertility.
Participants will learn
- How to utilize compost tea to improve soil health and fertility
- How to take a soil sample
- Analyzing soil under a microscope
- Make a compost tea from scratch
- Analyze composition of tea under a microscope
- Analyzing proper balance of bacteria and microbes in soil
- Build a compost tea maker
- Build a compost tea distribution container
- Improve soil fertility without chemicals
- Distribute compost tea on the land
Instructor, Casey Williams
Casey is a regenerative agriculturist in Corpus Christi, TX who has studied in multiple areas including permaculture, annual and perennial food production, soil health, and aquaponics. In the Summer of 2017 he took Dr. Elaine Ingham’s Soil Food Web online classes (Life in the Soils, Compost, Compost Tea, and Microscope). He is now in the training program to become a Soil Life Consultant with Environment Celebration Institute. Casey’s business, Agricultural Devolution, has a broad scope comprised of teaching individuals how to consciously tend the precious soil and design healthy, dynamic ecosystems as well as growing soil life and nutrient dense food himself. When not working he really enjoys the culinary arts and leisurely reading!
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
Cost: $50 per person
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Register by May 30, 2018
Join us for a farm tour of Mesquite Field Farm in Nixon, Texas.
We will be touring Mesquite Field Farm, a local farm that produces grass fed beef and specialty crops.
Doug Havemann, veteran owner operator, will be sharing his experience as a veteran farmer/rancher in Texas and the methods he utilizes to produce and sell his products.
- Intensive Rotational Grazing
- Benefits of Rotational Grazing
- Direct-to-Consumer Marketing
- Grazing Planning
- Soil Health
- Grass-Fed Beef Health
The workshop is currently full, and a waiting list has been started.
To add your name to the waiting list, email email@example.com with your name, email, phone number, and which event you would like to attend (farm tour, workshop, both).
Join Mesquite Field Farm for a tour of a USDA beef processing facility and learn about beef labelling and requirements.
- USDA Processing Facility Tour
- Product label requirements and development
- Developing a cut list
- Beef cattle processing requirements
- Developing relationships with your processor
- Product labels and marketing
Join Mesquite Field Farm for mobile chicken tractor building workshop
- Learn the Suscovich design of mobile chicken tractors
- Learn how to build a mobile chicken tractor
- Construct 4 Suscovich style mobile chicken tractors
Lunch is provided by Pioneer BBQ
RSVP by October 18, 2018