What is Bio-Char? Come learn about bio-char and build a “J” shape rocket stove to make bio-char.
Join us as we talk about this 2,000 year-old practice converts agricultural waste into a soil enhancer that can hold carbon, boost food security, and increase soil biodiversity, and discourage deforestation. The process creates a fine-grained, highly porous charcoal that helps soils retain nutrients and water.
Participants will learn the importance of Bio char and why is it good for soil health and crops. They will also learn how to build a J shaped rocket stove out of standard farm equipment.
- Understanding the basics of soil health
- Organic matter management
- Understanding Culture needs of crops
- Designing bio diverse systems
- Determining moisture needs
- Fabricate tools & equipment
- Build soil health & productivity
How to build a spinning compost sifter. Participants will learn the importance of composting- what to compost, what not to compost and build a spinning compost sifter that requires less labor
- Fabricate tools and equipment
- Build soil health and productivity
- Cultivate soil
- Establish parts and supplies
- Establish relationship with local institutions