Improve Your Soil Using Compost Tea
Join us for a hands-on workshop at Mesquite Field Farm covering compost tea and soil health and fertility.
Participants will learn
- How to utilize compost tea to improve soil health and fertility
- How to take a soil sample
- Analyzing soil under a microscope
- Make a compost tea from scratch
- Analyze composition of tea under a microscope
- Analyzing proper balance of bacteria and microbes in soil
- Build a compost tea maker
- Build a compost tea distribution container
- Improve soil fertility without chemicals
- Distribute compost tea on the land
Instructor, Casey Williams
Casey is a regenerative agriculturist in Corpus Christi, TX who has studied in multiple areas including permaculture, annual and perennial food production, soil health, and aquaponics. In the Summer of 2017 he took Dr. Elaine Ingham’s Soil Food Web online classes (Life in the Soils, Compost, Compost Tea, and Microscope). He is now in the training program to become a Soil Life Consultant with Environment Celebration Institute. Casey’s business, Agricultural Devolution, has a broad scope comprised of teaching individuals how to consciously tend the precious soil and design healthy, dynamic ecosystems as well as growing soil life and nutrient dense food himself. When not working he really enjoys the culinary arts and leisurely reading!
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
Cost: $50 per person
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Register by May 30, 2018
Join Growin’ On Faith Farm for a Farm/Ranch Business Planning & Financial Funding Workshop. Learn the basics of business planning and financial funding and draft parts of a business plan!
- What is included in a business plan
- Using your plan to apply for funding
- Values, Mission, Vision
- Creating Operations, Marketing, and Financial Plans
- Funding resources: grants, USDA, etc.
- Selecting funding sources for your farm
- Marketing basics
- Financial planning basics
- Record keeping basics
- and much more!
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Minimum # of participants: 20
Join us for an agriculture business workshop in Bell County (Belton) Texas. This workshop is a one day workshop designed for military veterans, beginning farmers and ranchers, individuals with disabilities, and anyone interested in starting an agriculture business.
Workshop sessions will include:
- Rural Business Ideas
- Intro to Business Planning
- Possibilities for Farming/Ranching with a Disability
- Financial Funding Sources for Farming/Ranching
- Marketing Resources
- Resources to Support Agriculture Business Operation
Cost of Workshop: $25 which includes breakfast, lunch, and workshop materials
Please make sure to wear something comfortable (with closed toe shoes) and warm as we will have some hands-on demonstrations outside in the afternoon.
View the Workshop Flyer