United States Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency partnered with BattleGround to Breaking Ground to develop the Veteran Farmer Streamlined Eligibility Program (VFSE) for USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Loans for military veterans.
- U.S. Armed Services Veterans
- All training is conducted via the BattleGround to Breaking Ground Entrepreneurial Training program (BGBG). Click here to learn more about Training.
- Application Period: June 15, 2018 – July 20, 2018
- Attend in-person basic training in College Station, Texas: August 24-26, 2018
- Complete 3-phase Battleground to Breaking Ground Program
- 12-18 month program
- Online courses
- 100 hours of hands-on experience
- Attend in-person graduation (College Station)
Program Benefits for Graduates:
- VFSE Program graduates receive an FSA waiver for the microloan requirement of 3 years’ experience in the agricultural industry during the past 10 calendar years for the following microloans:
- FSA Farm Ownership Microloan
- FSA Partnership Loan
- Other benefits include:
- Access to lease land, equipment rental, and established markets at BGBG incubator farms.
To stay updated when applications open, subscribe to our email newsletter!